Going passwordless with Web Authentication
Bogdan Arvinte has been working as a front-end developer for over 10 years. Passionate about open standards, emerging technologies, and open-source, he enjoys sharing his knowledge through teaching and coaching.
Mihăiță Țintă is a developer with 10+ years of experience who’s delivered numerous mobile and web applications along the way. He is an avid learner, constantly on the lookout for the latest developments in the industry.
In their talk, Bogdan and Mihaita will discuss password vulnerability, explainers, damage control, secure second-factor login, topped off with biometric-based authentication using open web standards.
Here are a few aspects you will learn if you join their talk:
- Most common vulnerabilities related to passwords
- Web Authentication standard and its strengths
- A walkthrough of the main interactions tied to Web Authentication
- Easy adoption with a Spring Boot library and a collection of Web Components
- Where you can use Web Authentication today
- Why OTPs won’t always protect you