|Presentation||Will be held in English, 50 minutes long followed by optional 5 minutes questions time.|
|Hands on lab||Will be held in English, 120 minutes long with a 10 minutes break after first hour.|
|Full-day workshops (March 20)||Will be held in English, 8 hours long, with 2 coffee breaks and lunch|
We are interested, but not limited in the following topics:
|Methodology & Architecture||Software development methodologies, architectures, encryption & best practices to develop secure software|
|Java Language||Java Language, Java SE, JDK, Performance Tuning, Modularity, etc.|
|Cloud, Containers & Infrastructure||Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Cloud, PaaS, best practices etc.|
|Server Side||Java EE, Spring, App Servers, databases, MOM, Batch processing & related JSRs|
|Programming languages||Anything related to other languages than Java running on the JVM, the languages, tools, libraries and best practices|
|(Big) Data||Big Data, NoSQL, Spark, Hadoop, Drill, Machine learning, etc.|
|Future<?>||Looking Forwards – Quantum computing, biological computing, cybernetics, industrial robotics, AI etc|
|Mobile & Embedded||Tools, frameworks & libraries for building native mobile apps, developing for embedded devices, the IoT, Arduino, Raspberry Pi etc|
For the best chance at being selected, please keep the following in mind:
- We do not accept product or vendor related talks. If you would like to showcase your company’s products or technology, please contact us at [email protected] about a Sponsorship opportunity.
- If you presented your topic in the previous edition, we will not accept your paper. The content should be new, creative and cool and the theoretical part be proven trough real demos. Come up with a clever title, and a 3-4 sentence abstract clearly outlining your session’s contents. One-sentence abstracts will likely be rejected.
- Keep the target audience of primarily developers in mind.
- Modern and interesting topics will be more likely to be selected.
- If you feel you would like to provide references of your speaking credentials, please have them email [email protected] before the selection process has closed. Please note that references are not required.
- Make sure your title and abstract adhere to our Code of Conduct and do not contain any discriminatory or sexualized language.
Your photo is not used in the selection process, but if you are selected, that will be the photo we use for the website. Please submit a high-resolution photo at least 700 x 700 px in size.
If you have any questions reach us at [email protected]
Java Champion & Devoxx Founder
Stephan has been using Java since its early releases in 1995 with experience of developing and implementing real world Java solutions in the finance and manufacturing industries
Mark is working to promote greater knowledge sharing for developers of Java and associated technologies. Voxxed.com is publishing news, features and tutorials, linked to rich media presentations, interviews and training courses.
Frontend Engineer & Organizer of ngBucharest
Frontend Engineer with extensive experience in frontend technologies such as Angular, React, VueJS, AngularJS and Ionic. He also organizes the Bucharest Angular meetup group (ngBucharest) and in his free time he teaches people about Angular through workshops or presentations, both in the community and at conferences.
Java Champion & Hibernate Developer Advocate @ Red Hat
Passionate about enterprise systems, data access frameworks, and distributed systems. Vlad writes hundreds of articles about Hibernate on his blog vladmihalcea.com and he’s also the author of “High-Performance Java Persistence” book and the video course series https://courses.vladmihalcea.com
Technical Lead @ IBM CIC Romania
Ana is custom application development enthusiast, Trailhead Ranger and a constant adopter of challenging technical scenarios. Passionate about Java Frameworks and multi-cloud solution orchestrations, she supports technical communities’ growth through mentoring and social learning activities.
Java Champion & Principal Technologist @ Pivotal
Mark Heckler is a Pivotal Principal Technologist & Spring Developer Advocate, conference speaker, published author & Java Champion focusing upon developing innovative production-ready software at velocity for the Cloud and IoT applications.